Building relevant congregations that are evangelistically effective and fruitful in their life and ministry.
- Strengthen congregations in their endeavour to reach all people with the gospel and to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Provide pastoral and mission support to congregations and their leaders.
- Promote and encourage an evangelical influence in the Uniting Church.
- Resource congregations as they seek to maximise their leadership.
- Foster a culture of innovation in ministry to meet the needs of mission in changing society.
- Interpreting the Bible and the Basis of Union of the Uniting Church in Australia from an evangelical perspective.
- Priority given to the mandate of making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Recognition of the need for congregations to be strategic by nature and design in order to be effective in contemporary mission.
- A strong emphasis on leadership as a key factor in building congregations.
- Adherence to sexual ethics that hold to the standard of celibacy in singleness and faithfulness in marriage.
- An emphasis on dynamic relationships that will be served by any structure that is deemed necessary.
- Actively seek relationships with similarly focused churches and movements outside the Uniting Church for the mutual sharing of life, ideas and ministry opportunities.